According to Gagne, the following are the instructional functions of the teacher.
Informing the learner of the objectives.
1. presenting stimuli
2. Increasing learner’s attention.
3. Helping the learner recall what he has previously learned.
4. Providing conditions that will evoke the particular performance.
5. Determining the sequences of learning
6. Promoting and guiding the learning.
Gagne’s learning hierarchy is useful in teaching
Applications in teachingGagne are learning hierarchy helps the teacher identify suitable learning types for the learners.
1. It helps the teacher select appropriate teaching technique.
3. It helps the teacher decide what lower behaviors or subordinate skills should be taught before teaching higher learning types.
4. It helps the teacher to break a complex task into component skills and teach those skills only that the students are lacking.
5. Textbooks can be produced on the basis of the task analysis of learning objectives.