IVAN PAVLOV:EDUCATIONAL IMPLICATIONS
· The human fears and superstitions are developed in an individual due to conditioning. The pupil’s fears, bad habits and blind belief can be avoided through conditioning.
· The new learning materials are associated with the past learning and the students should be allowed to utilise and associate their past experience with the new materials.
· This theory is most helpful in teaching of language to small children. Teachers should associate the sound with the actual object by using audio visual aids.
· This theory emphasizes the idea of continuity, similarity and contrast as the factors of association in a learning situation.
· Montessori system is based on this theory.